EVUK recognition: over 50,000 websites/pages now link to / like EVUK.co.uk. Check current count. |
Blackground reading ?
See: "Black Hungarian" - a spy novel about attempts to thwart a 700km+ EV range-record bid. Story centres around Metron, WAVE, NSA etc - see below. Amazon,Kindle,iBooks
(Blackout: in the real world meanwhile... the murder of Slovenian lithium/EV specialist Prof Janko Jamnik has been wiped from the media radar)
- a clip-chain video tribute to St.Trinians-Thunberg-Tesla.
"Never too small to make a difference" - School Girls Kick Some Serious Adult A$$
...and Wind Power, Green Power, Girl Power Save the Day for St.Trinian's and saintly Greta Thunberg !
Joining the dots...by joining the clips.
Click any pic below for our Youtube'd "Trinian-Thunberg-Tesla" tribute. Warning: this short-sharp clip-trip will surprise you - perhaps even energize, inspire or anger you. Or you may just wanna get up and dance like a wild anarchic St.Trinian(and turn volume up to 11+plus..)
Celia - St. Trinian's very own Greta Thunberg - delivers an astonishingly clear and very un-movie-like green message in 2009 - when Greta Thunberg was just six years old(extract):
"Climate change is the most important issue our generation faces. Sea-levels are rising. The ice-caps are melting ".
Tesla Roadster movie debut: yes, the all-too predictably underrated 2009 film "St.Trinian's - The Legend of Fritton's Gold" - was the first movie ever to feature a normal-looking or sinfully cool all-electric car. (PS. see below for the real-life Elon Musk-St.Trinian's marriage-divorce back-story..).
So - our subversive little homage-montage kicks off with St. Trinian's schoolgirl and teased-to-bits "eco-freako" Celia warning her mystified classmates(in 2009 when Greta Thunberg was just six !) that:
"The ice-caps are melting. Sea-levels are rising. Climate change is the most important issue our generation faces. With this money we can make our school carbon-neutral !".
The Tesla Roadster then makes its stellar, scene-stealing movie debut.
Next we're taken "sailing on the high seas" in the company of 16 year-old Ms. Thunberg together with St.Trinian's headmistress Camilla Fritton(Rupert Everett) and her equally legendary and notorious ancestor Pirate Archibald Fritton(Everett again).
Left: St.Trinian's ahoy ! Wind-power, green-power and girl-power save the day for piratical girls on a mutinous mission...
Right: Ten years later the intrepid Greta Thunberg heads for those same "high seas" (our ever-higher, ever-rising high seas..) for another climate conference showdown. Wind-power, green-power and girl-power save the day again.
At the close of our (6min 41sec) clip-mix - after a pulse-pumping injection of high-energy St.Trinian's rebel-music - real-life schoolgirl and naughty truth-telling truant Greta briefly mentions the ongoing worldwide "School Climate Strikes" - reminding us that (quote):
"You're never too small to make a difference".
Finally, in the closing seconds, it's back to wind-power as we're taken sailing on the high seas again in the company of Greta and those two deliciously disreputable, wickedly rebellious Frittons - Camilla and her ribald ancestor Pirate Archibald - both played by the supremely talented Rupert Everett. _________________________________________
(*NB. repeat: those above-mentioned "high seas" are rising ever higher of course..as the ice-caps melt and the atmosphere warms..)
St. Trinian's Lessons - a few "revision-notes" - homework for the un-schooled and unitiated:
- The 2009 film "St.Trinian's - The Legend of Fritton's Gold" was the first movie ever to feature a normal or wickedly cool-looking all-electric car - namely the Tesla Roadster. (Yes - Mike Myers did roll out a load of nerdy, naff-looking, single-seater Corbin Sparrow EVs in Austin Powers non-green "Gold Member" - but for comic not positive effect).
- Most people will be surprised to read that this sublimely subversive 2009 St. Trinian's sequel also serves up an unexpected little "green gold" treasure-trove and probably contains the most direct and clearly enunciated environmental message ever spoken in any movie in all of cinema history - Hollywood or British. Grown-up movie-makers, you see, have always avoided buzz-killing, 'corporately incorrect' environmental issues like the proverbial plague. But this St. Trinian's sequel arguably eco-trumps even "The Day After Tomorrow" and "The Simpsons Movie" thanks to the powerful green message that's so succinctly, movingly and passionately delivered by St.Trinian's very own "Greta Thunberg" - namely the pensive, contemplative character Celia(sensitively and skilfully played by actress Juno Temple). Here, this time in full, is that clear, stark and highly un-movie-like green message - delivered by a subversive St.Trinian in 2009 (when Greta Thunberg was just six years old):
"Turbines. Wind Power. The ice-caps are melting. Sea-levels are rising. Climate change is the most important issue our generation faces. With this money we can make our school carbon-neutral !".
St. Trinian Celia again: "Wind-power, man ! I told you it was the frikkin' answer !" Admittedly a little fire-power(canonballs) also came in handy..
But sadly and predictably - in the movie-world the issues of climate change and the threat of imminent environmental meltdown remain as near-taboo and off-limits as they ever were - and again - as unlikely as it may seem - only "The Day After Tomorrow", "On Deadly Ground" and "The Simpsons Movie"(ditto Lisa in the TV series - see our earlier clip-mix tribute) have ever come close to matching the power of the simple, Green-as-Greta message delivered by the heroic, unsung St.Trinian's schoolgirl Celia - who incidentally is mockingly labelled as an "eco-freako" by many of her more air-headed schoolmates(..so just like real life).
- St.Trinian's super-fan Elon Musk and that Tesla Roadster: Mr. "Model S3X" is indeed far more than just your average St.Trinian's fan: remember or note that St.Trinian's head-girl Annabelle (aka actress and now edgy author Talulah Riley) married and divorced Musk twice between 2010 and 2016.
(Right: the once-twice happy couple)
Talulah Riley's latest, controversial and strangely hard-to-buy novel - "The Quickening" - involves love and (non-Islamic) "terrorism" - aka popular resistance and revolt - in a repressive, contemporary Britain. These naughty, rebellious, incorrigible St.Trinian's girls, eh !? Always trying to rock the boat - literally and otherwise. Wicked little scalliwags...
To quote headmistress Camilla Fritton(Everett) in the initial, preceding 2007 St.Trinian's remake:
"One man's terrorist is another woman's freedom fighter".
With so many fearlessly subversive comments like that it's no wonder that establishment film-reviewers and our corporate media in general have fallen over themselves to denigrate, disparage and bury both of these excellent Everett-led, girl-powered St.Trinian's revivals.
And no wonder, either, that the promised third film in the series - provisionally titled "Battle of the Sexes" - sadly never materialized...despite the record UK box-office success of the first two.
Trinian Tesla Roadster - here are two more reasons why that green, scene-stealing EV's 2009 movie appearance was and still is so deliciously subversive, deviant and ground-breaking:
1) In the 2009 Trinian's movie, the all-electric Tesla is driven by Kelly(Gemma Arterton) - an ex-Trinian head girl turned British secret agent now working for MI6 - sorry - "MI7". Compare and contrast that with Broccoli's dinosaurian, loyal-to-oil (MI6) Bond who it turns out - even now 11 years later in 2020 - won't be switching to electric-drive after all(ie. the Aston Martin Rapide E) in the upcoming "No Time to Die" flick - despite the countless, cast-iron "Bond to Go Electric" reports(not rumours!) that appeared back in March 2019.
2) What's more, that electrified St.Trinian's "MI7" British secret agent was/is subversively female - whereas Bond producers are still dismissing the idea that their iconic, not-very-secret agent will ever (entirely !) switch sexes.
So "MI7" - a fictional British Intelligence Agency in a reportedly "frivolous chick-flick" - appears to be markedly more intelligent, green-minded, innovative and disloyal-to-oil than its fossilized, change-averse MI6 and Broccoli-Bond counterpart.
High time surely then for a green, game-changing Trinians-style MI7 for 007 - and for the rest of us. For "people and planet" - as the saying goes.
That's undoubtedly what Greta Thunberg would want - and given that for our media - temporarily at least - the saint-like Thunberg appears to walk on water, it's surely equally logical to assume that a new, green, game-changing MI7 plus 007 plus military-industrial apparatus would be rapturously applauded by that very same Thunberg-applauding media, right ?
Ho-hum ! Don't hold your breath ! Let's face it - it's tragically unlikely that "grown-ups" employed in "Intelligence" or as "journalists" will ever learn any existentially crucial long-term lessons from a bunch of "naive", "jumped-up" schoolkids, "eco-freakos" and "extremists" of the Thunberg, St.Trinian's or Lisa Simpson kind.
Watch: Naughty 15 yr-old schoolgirl Greta berates grown-ups again - especially parents - whilst playing truant at UN Cop24 Cop-Out Climate Charade:
- "You say you love your children above all else - and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes."
- "I don't care about being popular."
(Watch full 3'29" UN speech)
Footnote: Spoiler Alert ! (so switching to small font)
- To all those who think that the St.Trinian film's stunning revelation that "Shakespeare was a Woman" is a ridiculous fantasy or heresy - you couldn't be more wrong !
Many Shakespearean scholars and researchers have unearthed an abundance of persuasive evidence - especially since the Shakespeare-infused movie's 2009 release - which strongly suggests that at the very least many or all of Shakespeare's plays were penned by one of two extraordinarily gifted, intelligent and cultured females - namely Mary Sidney Herbert(the Countess of Pembroke) or London resident Emilia Bassano (of Italian-Jewish descent).
What's more, experts have frequently gathered to discuss "true authorship" at the Globe Theatre in London - where the Trinian movie's climax also kicks off and where the treasure-hunting schoolgirls unearth the awesome-awful truth that (quote): " the Bard is a bird ". It gets more awesome: in 2018 a sell-out play titled "Emilia" focusing on the subject was staged at the Globe Theatre and later transferred to the West End. In addition, a forensically-researched and very favourably received book "The Sweet Swan of Avon" was published in 2012(available on Amazon, Goodreads, eBay etc - by Robin Williams Ph.D).
Funny, is it not, how a bunch of "jumped-up" little schoolgirls in a reportedly "frivolous chick-flick" could have so much influence and prescience...
Check the following links - then amaze your friends and terrify all sexist-chauvinists with your wickedly subversive Shakespearean revelations:
- Daily Telegraph(surprisingly !): "Did a Woman Write Shakespeare's Plays ?"
- Book(2012): "Sweet Swan of Avon: Did a Woman Write Shakespeare ?"
- The Atlantic(2019): "
Was Shakespeare a Woman ?"
- DeBayTable (2015): "A Woman Wrote Shakespeare"
Video - Youtube:
"Who Was Mary Sidney Herbert".
- Whilst this wicked Shakespearean sacrilege may have nothing to do with EVs or Green Power - it does have everything to do with disruptive, transformative and positively subversive thinking and action - and that's definitely what has been needed to unleash the current, long-overdue EV Revolution. And subversive, disruptive thought and action will be just as crucial if we humans are to stand any chance at all of avoiding extinction, ecocide and a total environmental meltdown.
PS. the (EVUK) author of the above St. Trinian's masterpiece / mistresspiece - in case you're wondering - is a thoroughly heterosexual, anti-normal and anti-chauvinist male...
Deviantly Yours, Paul G.
April, 2020Exclusive ! Supercap these(x14) ! Just for the Record(as in Book, World, Guinness ?): Superdielectrics Ltd have officially registered / incorporated FOURTEEN new companies in ONE single day(...and noone seemed to notice)
(Read on for the full list of 'Ltd' companies)
- Is this a UK or World Record ? Who can say ? But what is certain is that this Cambridge and Herts-registered powerhouse did all of this with no press releases, no public announcements, no publicity whatsoever. Clear proof, if any more was needed, that Drs. / Mssrs. Highgate, Heathcote, Hamerton, Spence & Co. are, as ever, fully focused on delivering real-world products as rapidly as possible(.. as opposed to issuing perpetual press releases and promises - Volkswagen et al please note !).
This unleashed list must surely be the clearest declaration of imminent intent you could wish for.
And the company's strangely under-reported, eclectic track-record of commercial success in other areas speaks for itself - having repeatedly proven a steely ability to bring game-changing solutions to market with maximum speed and minimum hype - check out for instance:
1) ITM Power and the H2O-electrolysing hydrophilic polymer membranes that are key to the success of its ground-breaking hydrogen refuelling stations
2) Augmented Optics Ltd. Soft contact lenses("extended wear"). Dr. Donald Highgate's surprisingly versatile hydrophilic polymers are now widely used throughout the contact lens industry.
- But back to the present - and the future - and those 14 new "Ltd" companies...
We've tried hard until now to resist breaking the company's impressive silence...but what the heck ! Fourteen on-the-money new companies all blasting the bullseye from almost every conceivable angle ! Sorry - but the company information we're presenting here is after all fully in the public domain (at Companies House) - and someone somewhere has to finally scream this to the hill-tops! It might as well be us and it might as well be now.
And if this electrifyingly disruptive list of "Ltds" doesn't lift your spirits or blow your socks or your face mask clean off amidst all the coronavirus doom, gloom, hysteria, hypocrisy, double standards and misinformation - nothing will.
Is The Sky The (Ltd) Limit ?
- The term "Limited" - as in "Superdielectrics Ltd" and "limited liability" - does read like a spectacular misnomer here - given the almost limitless range of applications that this company of supercap superheroes is targeting. So far the sky appears to be the only literal limit - but that will no doubt change if their unique and super-green next-gen supercapacitors (aka ultracapacitors) can perform as well in space as they do on earth and in our skies. So Mr. Heathcote et al - could I humbly suggest
pushing the limits
beyond the skies with the addition of an extra-terrestrial, Musk-matching 15th company ? As in:
Superdielectrics SPACE VENTURES Unlimited Ltd
Worth launching ?
(NASA, ESA and their many global rivals are already pushing the limits with supercaps..)
There are several other conspicuous and more down-to-earth omissions from the company's extraordinary portfolio of registered "Ltds" - namely electric motorbikes, scooters/mopeds and trams..but that'll no doubt change before too long.
So here anyway is the full tantalizing list of Superdielectrics' disruptively broad and bullish battalion of "Ltd' / Limited companies. Brace yourselves !
(As registered at Companies House - full listing here) :
Superdielectrics AUTOMOTIVE Ltd
(https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272406) Company nr. 12272406
Superdielectrics AUTONOMOUS FLYING VEHICLES Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272413) Company nr. 12272413
Superdielectrics ELECTRIC AIRCRAFT Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272331)
Company nr. 12272331
SUPERDIELECTRICS MOTORSPORT Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272459)
Company nr. 12272459
Superdielectrics MOBILE ELECTRONICS Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272780)
Company nr. 12272780
Superdielectrics ELECTRIC SHIPS Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272810)
Company nr. 12272810
Superdielectrics ELECTRIC TRAINS Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272448) Company nr. 12272448
Superdielectrics ELECTRIC BICYCLES Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272466)
Company nr. 12272466
Superdielectrics RENEWABLE ENERGY STORAGE Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12271854)
Company nr. 12271854
Superdielectrics ELECTRIC HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272386)
Company nr. 12272386
Superdielectrics ELECTRIC INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272907)
Company nr. 12272907
Superdielectrics GRID POWER MANAGEMENT Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272429)
Company nr. 12272429
Superdielectrics RAPID REFUELLING Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272081)
Company nr. 12272081
Superdielectrics VERTICAL FARMING Ltd (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12272848)
Company nr. 12272848
Breaking News ! (Feb 4) : "Tesla Buys Leading Ultracapacitor/Supercapacitor Manufacturer Maxwell Technologies".
Supercap Synchronicity ?! Just 6 days after we posted up our silence-shattering supercap piece below....Musk breaks his own 8 year silence with a major move to embrace supercapacitors and 'batt-cap' combi-powerpacks..see below for latest.
Jan/Feb, 2019Supercap this ! (Part I)
"50-500 times the energy-density of lithium ion"
(Claims since verified and validated by one of Britain's top electrochemists/physicists Professor David FERMIN)
Still too disruptive for the mainstream and the masses ?
Why not break the silence for yourselves - click this pic to watch or download our exclusive 30 second clip(with quote): Let's not ignore the fact that a "mere" 5-fold energy-density gain over lithium - never mind "50-500 times" - would be more than enough to radically transform transportation and energy
storage as we know it. And the positive impact on geopolitics and fossil-fuelled foreign policy should be equally dramatic and far-reaching.
Click here to watch the full and now hard-to-find (Feb, 2018) - but jump to 32'55" for that key "50-500 times" quote (...in a segment pointedly titled "The Energy Density War").
- Rolls Royce plc are now backing the esteemed team behind this (potentially) game- and world-changing technology - so why is almost no-one talking about it ?
About what precisely - you're almost certainly asking ?
And there's the "mystery" - near-zero EV watchers still appear to know anything of the seismically sensational statement soberly delivered by Superdielectric's Jim Heathcote at a remarkable presentation in February of last year(to which we were flattered to be invited..) - much less that an obscure little outfit by the name of...Rolls Royce plc confirmed their belief in the technology a few weeks later by joining forces with the highly successful and experienced company - now called Superdielectrics - and the talented team of Surrey/Bristol Univ. researchers who discovered it "almost by accident".
Yes, that's right. We're referring once again to energy-dense supercapacitors
Pie-in-the-sky and pigs might fly ?
To cap it all - no controversial cobalt or nickel or lithium are used in these polymer-based supercapacitors - only stainless steel - so they definitely shouldn't cost the earth whichever way you look at it !
Note too that in the two weeks or so between that revelatory February 2018 presentation and the mid-March 2018 news of the tie-up with Rolls Royce plc, Superdielectrics received a call from the office of Prince Albert of Monaco informing them that they'd been nominated for the Principality's imminent annual "Clean Equity Awards". They promptly hopped on a plane - and won first prize. (...that news was likewise reported almost nowhere on this seriously endangered planet)
Watch these THREE videos(1, 2, 3) - or just click the top image for that key (short) nugget excerpt containing Jim Heathcote's astonishing statement claiming "50-500 times the energy-dense of lithium ion..potentially, theoretically". In the third and more recent (October 2018) video two of the three supercap 'Drs' - Howlin and Hamerton - address a large audience gathered at London's Excel Centre - see link-image below.
Feb, 2019: new fourth video - a 20 min presentation by CEO Jim Heathcote at MOVE 2019 - again at London's Excel Centre
Note that no media entities of any description are quoting or have ever quoted those potentially sensational words spoken by Mr. Heathcote - ie. specifically : "50-500 times the density of li-ion". Instead the very few sources(only science/engineering sites..and the Daily Telegraph) that have reported the 2018 presentation and the Rolls Royce* collaboration chose to use more abstruse, obscure terminology(eg. "capacitance" increases) that only specialists and electrical engineers will understand - thus ensuring that the general public remain safely uncomprehending, non-pressing, unsensationalized and uninformed.
(*NB. a few little-known 'RR' facts: Rolls Royce plc and Rolls Royce Motor Cars are entirely separate business entities related only by name - although
the D.Telegraph has confirmed that the two companies do communicate informally. Equally surprising to many: Rolls Royce Motor Cars has been wholly owned by none other than BMW since 1998)
Click this split-screen image of the potentially game-changing supercap research "Drs" for our earlier(2017) wide-ranging, context-providing and of course provocative coverage of recent and not-so-recent supercapacitor research - or lack of it :
Left: See EVUK (2017):
"University Challenge: are Oxbridge 'Profs' about to be trumped, topped and capped by Bristol/Surrey Univ 'Drs'?"
Right: Video(October 2018) - two of the three supercap 'Drs'(Ian Hamerton and Brendan Howlin) speak at Battery Technology Show at London's Excel Centre. An update and 're-cap' if you will...
In Part II we'll give 100% exclusive details of yet another novel, ingenious and very promising research initiative that appears to be successfully tackling and mitigating the other major Achilles Heel weakness exhibited by all supercapacitors - namely the hitherto unresolved problem of self-discharge or leakage. To be more precise:
- Supercapacitors self-discharge - lose/leak - 50-100% of their stored charge in 30 to 40 days. Lead and lithium-based batteries, in comparison, self-discharge about 5 percent per month.
(See Supercaps v Li-ion at: Battery University.com )
As we have stressed in our earlier articles the leakage/self-discharge problem can for now be fairly well managed by combining supercaps with (li-ion) batteries in what we're referring to as "batt-cap" powerpacks - but if supercap self-discharge aka leakage or energy-loss can also be significantly reduced - so much the better. And we're talking here about far more than just EVs, ebikes, escoots and the like - think aviation, renewable energy storage, ships, boats, consumer electronics ...
When will next-gen supercapacitors take off ?
Pigs might fly - faster than ever. But how far ? Yes, even the BBC's Clarkson-free Top Gear avidly reported(Jan 7th) Rolls Royce's plans to smash electric flight speed records in 2020 but with no references anywhere to range or supercapacitors of course.
(Top Gear also appears to mistakenly believe that the "two Rolls Royces" are part of or subsidiaries/affiliates of the same company or "RR" group of companies. Again - they are entirely unconnected !)
Breaking News ! (Feb 4) : "Tesla Buys Leading Ultracapacitor/Supercapacitor Manufacturer Maxwell Technologies".
Now there's a coincidence ! Just 6 days after we posted up our silence-shattering supercap piece above..Musk breaks his own 8 year silence with this spookily-timed move.
Note that Musk has been a semi-secret supercap-believer for almost 25 years - see our 2017 article)
Update(10 Feb) :
While some sources(eg. Electrek, Electrive) believe that Tesla is primarily interested in Maxwell's barely publicised or proven new "dry electrode" battery technology
others like Motley Fool(Feb 4) focus on the ultracap/supercap factor - quoting Maxwell's website:
"Our recently developed lithium-ion capacitors are energy storage devices with the power characteristics of an ultracapacitor combined with enhanced energy storage capacity approaching that of a battery..."
We however remain firmly convinced that with this latest move Musk is at last unequivocally re-confirming his commitment to both next-gen energy-dense supercapacitors and batteries - Maxwell are after all clearly demonstrating a rare ability and willingness to embrace and advance both forms of energy storage.
But will Maxwell and Musk manage to match Superdielectrics' lithium-less, cobalt-free potential ie. supercaps with "50-500 times the energy-density of li-ion" ?
(Again - that very credibly confirmed claim is conspicuously still being quoted by zero media outlets anywhere..)
PS. why do so many media outlets - incl. the FT and D.Telegraph - still wrongly refer to supercapacitors as "batteries" ? By refreshing and perhaps surprising contrast, is accurate and concise: in it Maxwell is rightly described as a manufacturer of ultracapacitors or supercapacitors - not of ultracapacitors *and* batteries(as is being widely mis-reported). And that's exactly how Maxwell still describes itself on its own website.
Click for the very latest OR older News >>>